Pork Hamonado combines the sweet taste of pork with the aromatic and tangy pineapple chunks. Curing your own Pork Hamonado may be a little bit time consuming but it is a very rewarding task. Pair this tender and full-flavored Pork Hamonado with steamed white rice and place it at the center of your very own Christmas dining table in preparation for the Christmas Holiday Season.
Pork Hamonado Ingredients:
1 kilo ham, sliced thinly
1 cup pork fat, sliced thinly
2 whole pickles, sliced thinly
1 medium-sized carrot, cut into strips
1 small can pineapple chunks, drained (juice set aside)
1 small can pineapple juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp saltpeter
Round pineapple slices for garnishing
How to Make Pork Hamonado Recipe:
- Combine the sugar, salt and saltpeter on a large plate. Rub the ham with this mixture thoroughly, making sure that the meat is coated well.
- On a large platter, arrange the ham, pork fat, pickles, carrots, and pineapple chunks alternately.
- Form the meat and other ingredients into a roll by tying a thread around them. Make sure the thread is thick enough to hold the meat and other ingredients together. Save any drippings from the meat roll.
- Combine the meat drippings, pineapple juice, and the juice drained from the pineapple chunks. Marinate the meat in this mixture overnight.
- Boil the meat for 1 hour. Cut the thread tied around the meat roll. Let the meat cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish the meat roll ( on top and on the sides) with the pineapple slices.
Commonly Used Search Phrases
- pork hamonada
- hamonado recipe